Purpose of the Program:
The Protection Project Photography Contest is open to expert photographers and amateurs who wish to share their artistic perspective on the eternal struggle for human rights. A prize will be awarded to the photograph that best represents current and past struggles in the field of human rights around the world. The winning images will be inserted in the Protection Project’s Publications including the Human Rights Report on Trafficking in Persons, Especially Women and Children, and The Protection Project Annual Review of the US State Department Trafficking in Persons Report. To view the winning pictures of previous years please click on the links below:
The Protection Project Photography Contest Winning Picture – 2008
The Protection Project Photography Contest Winning Picture – 2009
The Protection Project Photography Contest Winning Picture – 2010
The Protection Project Photography Contest Winning Picture – 2011
The Protection Project Photography Contest Winning Picture – 2012
The Protection Project Photography Contest Winning Picture – 2013
Suggested topics for submissions are:
- Right to Life, Freedom, and Security;
- Forced Child Labor;
- Women and Children Rights;
- Right to Fair Trial;
- Vulnerable Populations;
- Sex Trafficking;
- Refugees and IDPs;
- Child Sex Tourism;
- Dignity and Justice for All People;
- Right to Education.
How to Submit a Photo:
Up to 10 entries may be submitted per contestant. Entries must be original, un-retouched digital images in .jpg format with a file size no larger than 1 MB. Each entry may not have been previously commercially published. Entries must be sent via e-mail to Elaine Panter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All entries for this year’s content must be received by 5:00 PM EST, on November 30, 2014. The winner of the prize will be notified by December 31, 2014.
Rules, Terms, and Conditions:
- SPONSOR. The Photography Contest is sponsored and managed by The Protection Project (TPP).
- RULES. The Photography Contest is governed by these rules, terms, and conditions (the Official Rules). By participating in the Photography Contest, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding. TPP reserves the right to change these rules or cancel the Photography Contest at any time, at its sole discretion.
- PARTICIPATION. Contest participants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Entries must be made in accordance with the instructions on this page. Winners of past Photography Contests are not allowed to participate in future Contests. Contest participants may submit up to 10 entries. Entries must be original, un-retouched digital images in .jpg format with a file size no larger than 1 MB. Each entry may not have been previously commercially published.
- SUBMITTED IMAGES. By participating in the Photography Contest, you expressly agree not to submit any images that are unlawful, defamatory, or invasive of another persons right of privacy or right of publicity. TPP shall not be liable in any way for such images. Any image that, in the sole discretion of TPP, is considered inappropriate or unsuitable for publication will be deemed ineligible by TPP. TPP will not return any submitted images. By participating in the Photography Contest, you hereby grant TPP a nonexclusive, non-revocable license to edit, publish, use, adapt, modify, and license to others any image you submit.
- WINNER SELECTION PROCESS. Photography Contest winners will be determined by TPP staff. The submitted images will be judged to the extent to which they meet the of the Photography Contest Human Rights and show a new perspective on the goals and objectives of the organization. In addition, entries will be judged on quality of image and originality.
- PRIZES. One winner will be awarded the prize described below. Taxes, if any, related to the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. TPP may, at its discretion, revoke the prize if the advertised prize becomes unavailable for any reason. If a participant changes his/her e-mail address or telephone number after entering into the Photography Contest, it is his/her sole responsibility to notify TPP by e-mail to epanter2jhu.edu. The prize (a check of the amount of $500) must be picked up at TPP Office located at 1717 Massachusetts Avenue NW, 20036 Washington DC, unless alternatively agreed. If a prize is unclaimed within 60 days of notification, TPP reserves the right to cancel the prize without notifying the winner.
- NAMES OF WINNERS. Winners consent that their names may be published in TPP future publications.
- USE OF THE PHOTOS. By participating in the Photography Contest, the candidates agree to the publishing of their photos in TPP future publications.